At the end of this course, the learner will gain competencies in:
- Understanding Service Management as a Practice and Service Strategy principles, purpose and objective
- Understanding how all Service Strategy processes interact with other Service Lifecycle processes
- The activities, methods and functions used in each of the Service Strategy processes
- The roles and responsibilities within Service Strategy and the activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- How to measure Service Strategy performance
- Understanding technology and implementation requirements in support of Service Strategy
- The challenges, critical success factors and risks related with Service Strategy
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the Service Strategy stage of the Service Lifecycle and how activities in this Lifecycle stage may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization
- Individuals who have their ITIL Foundation Certificate and want to pursue the intermediate and advanced level ITIL Certifications.
- The Service Strategy Lifecycle course will be of interest to:
- IT professionals working in roles associated with strategic planning, execution and control within a service-based business model, seeking an understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved in Service Strategy
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification is one of the prerequisite modules
- Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL Master in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite
- A typical role includes (but is not restricted to): CIO, CTO, manager, supervisor, team leader, designer, architect, planner, IT consultant, IT audit manager, IT security manager, service test manager and ITSM trainer involved in the management, coordination and integration of strategy activities within the Service Lifecycle.
Candidates for this course must:
- Hold an ITIL Foundation Certificate
- Complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the Service Strategy publication.
Students receive a copy of the course syllabus, classroom presentation material, practice exam, case study, homework and assignments.
- Upon successful passing of the ITIL Service Strategy Lifecycle exam, the student will be recognized with 3 credits in the ITIL Qualification Scheme.
- Project Management Institute – Professional Development Units (PDUs) = 22.
Course Organizational Logistics:
- Ideal Classroom suggested is a U-shaped seating arrangement
- Location tools include a whiteboard, flipchart and projector
- Open Enrollment Course runs 9:00am - 5:00pm local time each day
- The exam will be offered on the last day of class.
About the Examination:
- The exam is a closed book, eight (8) multiple choice questions.
- The pass score is 70%
- The exam lasts 90 minutes.
Ashford Global IT provides the following Success Guarantee:
In the event that a student does not successfully complete the ITIL certification exam, they may take the class and/or exam again at no cost. See details*
With Ashford Global IT’s Success Guarantee, combined with our competitive pricing, we feel sure we can meet and surpass your expectations for this class.