Upon completion of this course and examination, the learner will gain competencies in:
- Understanding Service Management as a Practice and Service Design principles, purpose and objective
- Understanding how all Service Design processes interact with other Service Lifecycle processes
- The sub-processes, activities, methods and functions used in each of the Service Design processes
- The roles and responsibilities within Service Design and the activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- How to measure Service Design performance
- Understanding technology and implementation requirements in support of Service Design
- The challenges, critical success factors and risks related with Service Design
The Service Design Lifecycle course will be of interest to:
- Individuals who have their ITIL Foundation Certificate who want to pursue the intermediate and advanced level ITIL Certifications.
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the Service Design stage of the Service Lifecycle and how activities in this Lifecycle stage may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization.
- IT professionals working in or new to a Service Design environment who require and understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved.
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification is one of the prerequisite modules.
- Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL Master in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite.
- A typical role includes (but is not restricted to): CIO, CTO, manager, supervisor, team leader, designer, architect, planner, IT consultant, IT audit manager, IT security manager, service test manager and ITSM trainer involved in the management, coordination and integration of design activities within the Service Lifecycle.
Candidates for this course must:
- Hold an ITIL Foundation Certificate
- Complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the Service Design publication.
Students receive a copy of the course syllabus, classroom presentation material, practice exam, case study, homework and assignments.
Upon successful passing of the ITIL Service Design Lifecycle exam, the student will be recognized with 3 credits in the ITIL Qualification Scheme.
Project Management Institute – Professional Development Units (PDUs) = 22
Course Organizational Logistics:
- Ideal Classroom suggested is a U-shaped seating arrangement
- Location tools include a whiteboard, flipchart and projector
- Open Enrollment Course runs 9:00am - 5:00pm local time each day
- The exam will be offered on the last day of class.
About the Examination:
- The exam is a closed book, eight (8) multiple choice questions.
- The pass score is 70%
- The exam lasts 90 minutes.
Ashford Global IT provides the following Success Guarantee:
In the event that a student does not successfully complete the ITIL certification exam, they may take the class and/or exam again at no cost. See details*
With Ashford Global IT’s Success Guarantee, combined with our competitive pricing, we feel sure we can meet and surpass your expectations for this class.