Upon completion of this course and examination, the learner will gain competencies in:
- Understanding Service Management as a Practice and how the processes within Planning, Protection and Optimization support the Service Lifecycle
- Knowing the important role of Planning, Protection and Optimization in service provision and understanding of how the in-scope processes interact with other Service Lifecycle processes
- The activities, methods and functions used in each of the Planning, Protection and Optimization processes
- The application of Planning, Protection and Optimization processes, activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- How to measure Planning, Protection and Optimization performance
- The importance of IT Security and how it supports Planning, Protection and Optimization
- Understanding technology and implementation requirements in support of Planning, Protection and Optimization
- The challenges, critical success factors and risks related with Planning, Protection and Optimization
The Planning, Protection and Optimization Capability course will be of interest to:
- Individuals who have their ITIL Foundation Certificate who want to pursue the intermediate and advanced level ITIL Certifications.
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the Planning, Protection and Optimization processes and how these may be used and how these may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organization, for example: operational staff involved in Capacity Management, Availability Management, IT Service Continuity Management, Information Security Management, Demand Management and Risk Management.
- IT professionals involved in IT Service Management implementation and improvement programs.
- Typical roles include (but are not restricted to): IT professional, IT/business manager, IT/business process owner, and IT practitioner.
Candidates for this course must:
- Hold an ITIL Foundation Certificate
- Complete at least 12 hours of personal study by reviewing the Service Design publication
- There is no minimum mandatory requirement but 2 to 4 years professional experience working in IT Service Management is highly desirable
Students receive a copy of the course syllabus, classroom presentation material, practice exam, case study, homework and assignments.
- Upon successful passing of the ITIL Planning, Protection and Optimization Capability exam, the student will be recognized with 4 credits in the ITIL Qualification Scheme.
- Project Management Institute – Professional Development Units (PDUs) = 38
Course Organizational Logistics:
- Ideal Classroom suggested is a U-shaped seating arrangement
- Location tools include a whiteboard, flipchart and projector
- Open Enrollment Course runs 9:00am - 5:00pm local time each day
- The exam will be offered on the last day of class.
About the Examination:
- The exam is a closed book, eight (8) multiple choice questions.
- The pass score is 70%
- The exam lasts 90 minutes.
Ashford Global IT provides the following Success Guarantee:
In the event that a student does not successfully complete the ITIL certification exam, they may take the class and/or exam again at no cost. See details*
With Ashford Global IT’s Success Guarantee, combined with our competitive pricing, we feel sure we can meet and surpass your expectations for this class.