At the end of this course, the learner will gain competencies in:
- Understanding of the importance of Service Management as a Practice concept and Service Operation principles, purpose and objective
- The importance of ITIL Operational Support and Analysis while providing service
- How all processes in ITIL Operational Support and Analysis interact with other Service Lifecycle processes
- What are the processes, activities, methods and functions used in each of the ITIL Operational Support and Analysis processes
- How to use the ITIL Operational Support and Analysis processes, activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- Explain how to measure ITIL Operational Support and Analysis
- The importance of IT Security and its contributions to ITIL Operational Support and Analysis
- Understanding of technology and implementation considerations surrounding ITIL Operational Support and Analysis
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks associated to ITIL Operational Support and Analysis
The Operational Support and Analysis Capability course will be of interest to:
- Individuals who have their ITIL Foundation Certificate who want to pursue the intermediate and advanced level ITIL Certifications.
- Individuals and / or operational staff who require a comprehensive practical understanding of the Operational Support and Analysis processes and how these may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organization, for example: operational staff involved in Event Management Process, Incident Management Process, Request Fulfillment Process, Problem Management Process, Access Management Process, Service Desk, Technical Management, IT Operations Management and Application Management
- IT professionals involved in IT Service Management implementation and improvement programs.
- Typical roles include (but are not restricted to): IT professional, IT/business manager and IT/business process owner, and IT practitioner.
Candidates for this course must:
- Hold an ITIL Foundation Certificate
- Complete at least 12 hours of personal study - ideally, candidates should have read the pertinent areas of the ITIL publications and in particular the Service Operation publication
- There is no minimum mandatory requirement but 2 to 4 years professional experience working in IT Service Management is highly desirable
Students receive a copy of the course syllabus, classroom presentation material, practice exam, case study, homework and assignments.
Upon successful passing of the ITIL Operational Support and Analysis Capability exam, the student will be recognized with 4 credits in the ITIL Qualification Scheme.
Project Management Institute – Professional Development Units (PDUs) = 38
Course Organizational Logistics:
- Ideal Classroom suggested is a U-shaped seating arrangement
- Location tools include a whiteboard, flipchart and projector
- Open Enrollment Course runs 9:00am - 5:00pm local time each day
- The exam will be offered on the last day of class.
About the Examination:
- The exam is a closed book, eight (8) multiple choice questions.
- The pass score is 70%
- The exam lasts 90 minutes.
Ashford Global IT provides the following Success Guarantee:
In the event that a student does not successfully complete the ITIL certification exam, they may take the class and/or exam again at no cost. See details*
With Ashford Global IT’s Success Guarantee, combined with our competitive pricing, we feel sure we can meet and surpass your expectations for this class.